Good administrative, interpersonal, English grammar, and communications skills. Computer literate; attentive to detail; a team player with the ability to work on a variety of tasks at one time; willing to participate in daily devotions and a training workshop; and enthusiastic in telling stories about proclaiming the message of Christ through sharing the gift of literacy. We currently use InDesign for publications and Mail Chimp for our e-newsletter delivery. An understanding of these programs or a willingness to learn them is necessary. Accept LEI Covenant Commitment and Statement of Faith. The ideal candidate knows Jesus as personal Lord and Savior, is called by God to Christian work and witness, and feels God’s leading to work with LEI.
Editor of LEI publications.
1. Lead the Publications Team in the production of LEI publications: planning, designing, gathering information (articles and photos), computer layout and input, writing, and editing.
The Messenger is the prayer newsletter for the ministry, published three times a year, including the Annual Report.
2. Communicate with local staff, international missionaries, and other information sources.
3. Maintain files of ministry stories, human interest stories, and photographs for use in future publications.
4. Communicate with printer, post office, mailing service, etc. to keep costs low and quality high. Keep up with and follow post office standards.
5. Assist with accuracy and quality of other LEI publications, documents, and displays through proofreading, sharing of information, etc.
Support: Raises own support or volunteer.