Equipping the Church to share the message of Jesus Christ through the gift of reading.
You can read.
For the nearly 1 billion adults in the world who cannot read and write, life is especially difficult. They are:
- Unable to read important documents
- Unable to communicate through text or writing
- Unable to read the Bible
Among the illiterate of the world, poverty rates are higher; diseases and sickness are more prevalent.
You Can Transform a Community
There is hope! All over the world, in just a few months, adults are learning to read and write, and this transforms their lives and communities. A new reader is confident and engages his or her community in a positive way.
You Can Equip the Church
If you can’t read the Bible how can you expect to be a part of a growing and thriving community of faith? When people can read the Bible for themselves, they experience God in a deeper more personal relationship, and this helps protect the church from false doctrines.
Discover Your Role
- Tutor: teach a class or individual how to read and write
- Trainer: train volunteers to teach literacy
- Primer Consultant: develop new primers and literacy materials